A glow starter is a tool that you will need to start your engine.
With simple finger pressure it locks on and off the glow plug.
When the glow starter is attached to the glow plug (located in the cylinder head of your engine) the wire coil on the other side of the glow plug glows to ignite the fuel in your engine.
How To Use
- Before using for the first time you will need to charge your glow starter.
- To charge (in the same way you would attach the glow starter to the glow plug) insert the nut shaped charging end into the locking socket of the glow starter. Finally, plug the charger into the wall socket. Charging time will be displayed on the charger packaging.
- To lock the glow starter onto your glow plug all you need to do is place the glow starter over the glow plug and add gentle pressure pushing down with your palm and twist. You should feel the glow started fixed onto the glow plug and the voltage meter should be registering a reading.
- You engine is now ready for starting.
- Becareful never to leave your glow starter attached for any long lengths of time. If you are struggling to get your engine started donít leave the glow starter on take it off to give the glow start and glow plug a break and then try again.
- If you suspect your glow plug or glow start is not working then you can check this by unscrewing the glow plug and attaching it to your charged glow start to see if the wire on the opposite end of the glow plug lights up. If it does then you know there both fine but if it doesnít then either the glow plug, glow starter or charger is not working.